Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Shallow Subwoofer Review - Kicker 10CVT104 10-Inch CompVT Series Shallow Mount Subwoofer


KICKER 10" SUBWOOFER 4 OHM COMPVTThis hi-hat control pedal give you traditional hi-hat feel for controlling open/closed sounds with virtually all e-percussion modules and devices including the DM6, DM5, Trigger|iO, ControlPad, and PerformancePad. It has a full-size, die-cast footboard for professional durability, a slim profile that fits perfectly next to double-bass pedals, and integrated spikes and velcro for holding its position on carpet. You can also use the DMHat Pedal as a bass drum trigger for modules that have switch inputs including the ControlPad and PerformancePad. Hi-hat control pedal for traditional hi-hat feel Full-size, die-cast footboard for professional durability Works with virtually all e-percussion including DM10, DM6, DM5, Trigger|iO, ControlPad and PerformancePad Slim profile fits perfectly next to double-bass pedals Integrated spikes and velcro for holding position on carpet.

OK! I'll admit that I was very skeptical about this shallow subwoofer because of my experience with a Sony 10" shallow mount that could hardly outperform my door speaker bass. However, I have always been a long time fan of Kicker products, and every kicker speaker I've owned has always delivered what they promise and more. So, on that basis alone I was willing to give Kicker a chance; and, I'm happy to say that once again Kicker has delivered on that promise. These flat speakers pound so hard I tough that my dual 12" CVT vented box was in my truck. Seriously! These 10" speakers kick as hard as most quality 12" speakers. The bass is impressively clean and tight. In my 08 F150 there is no room under the seats for even a wedge shaped box, so I took a few hours one Saturday and custom built a box and put these bad boys in. I get a ear-to-ear grin on my face everytime I turn up the bass and watch the rear view mirror vibrate along with everything else in the truck.

There were'nt too many reviews for these subs. I went ahead and rolled the dice and man... I was grinning like a kid in a toy store. I got two hooked up in my 2010 Avalanche in a custom sub box between the seat amd midgate. The box is thin so I had to get some shallow mounts. I've had shallow mount subs before and based on my previous experience, shallow mounts are not too "bassy". I have a 1000 watt crunch amp and then since I didn't want to replace the stock stereo, I went with an output converter to clean up the highs. These subs are very impressive, very loud, very clean and they punch. My mirror shakes. You can hear these subs with the doors closed and windows rolled up. I am going to add hushmat or dynamat just behind the seat to quiet any outside vibration. But, if you are on the fence on the price, remember you get what you pay for. But with these, you get a little more... Great buy! See also 10 inch shallow subwoofer

No comments:

Post a Comment